shut the fuck up Fox News
i get so pissed off when people accuse harry potter fans of over-criticizing the movies because the directors:
- fucked up ronald weasley’s entire character
- made hermione perfect because obviously the only way an audience can appreciate a female character is if she has no flaws
- destroyed ginny weasley’s personality when she happens to be the main character’s love interest
- white-washed most of the main cast when 2/3 of the golden trio could have been people of color
- screwed up the MAIN VILLAIN’S DEATH in a way that undermines the entire point of his character
- conveniently left out regulus black’s entire storyline and contributed to the problematic idea that being a slytherin and valuing ambition and cunning automatically makes you a dirty evil person
yes, they messed up a lot of little things but they also messed up huge, plot-changing, point-missing, life-killing things so please never tell a harry potter fan that they’re too picky when the directors missed 70% of the big picture
It always amazed me how cats can look so comfortable in the most uncomfortable places
could you please fill out this quick survey for me?
I was just explaining to my friends how bald eagles are like pigeons in Alaska.
Daily Show correspondent Michael Che tries to find a safe place to report from.
“When I was in college, I had a blog called Salty Sea Hag, where I did political humor from the point of view of a sea witch living on the bottom of the ocean.“
[AGGRESSIVELY PROCRASTINATES FOR THREE HOURS ON SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN FINISHED IN 30 MINUTES]
[inhales] [exhales] [looks out into the sunset] the sweet smell of not being in high school
[remembers that i have no idea what i want to do for my future] [continues to stare out into the sunset] shit
Philadelphia Newspaper Calls Asians “Chinky Winky” and “Dinky Doo”
Publisher Jimmy Tayoun says it’s a “proofreading error.”
In the August 21st print edition of the Philadelphia Public Record, the free weekly tabloid published by former Philadelphia City Councilman turned federal inmate Jimmy Tayoun Sr., current Philadelphia City Councilman Mark Squilla is pictured at an event in Chinatown with, among others, “Chinky Winky,” “Me Too,” and “Dinky Doo.”
- “It was a proofreading error,” Tayoun told Philadelphia magazine on Friday afternoon. According to Tayoun, the editor who used those names did so because he didn’t have the actual names. When we pointed out to Tayoun that there were actually more names than there were people, he reiterated, “It was a proofreading error.” And when we asked why the editor didn’t use a generic placeholder instead of an ethnic slur, he insisted that there’s no prejudice or bigotry involved here.
"That editor is a Britisher," Tayoun explained, puzzlingly. "He didn’t mean anything by it. The Public Record is the most inclusive publication in Philadelphia.”
"It was a proofreading error." Yes, you just keep repeating that. I guess he means it’s like a spelling or grammar error, but the editor forgot catch all the racist shit before it went to print. Don’t you hate it when that happens?
Feel free to contact Jimmy Tayoun, publisher of the Philadelphia Public Record, with your thoughts:
PHILADELPHIA PUBLIC RECORD
1323 S. BROAD ST.
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19147
Tel: 215-755-2000 Fax: 215-689-4099
PROOF READING ERROR….PLEASE….
proofreading error………….. as in he used racist substitutes as their names because he didnt know them and then was too much of a bonehead to hide the evidence………………….. nice
Arctic Monkeys — Live at Rock en Seine ‘14 [22-08-14] (Soundboard Feed Bootleg)
1. Do I Wanna Know?
3. Dancing Shoes (with extended intro feat. snippet from ‘Money Maker’ by The Black Keys)
5. Don’t Sit Down ‘Cause I’ve Moved Your Chair
6. Teddy Picker*
7. Crying Lightning*
8. Knee Socks (extended outro)**
9. My Propeller**
10. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (extended intro)
11. Library Pictures (extended intro)
12. Old Yellow Bricks (extended intro)
13. One For The Road (extended intro)
14. No. 1 Party Anthem
15. Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High? (extended intro)
16. Fluorescent Adolescent
17. I Wanna Be Yours
18. Snap Out Of It
19. When The Sun Goes Down (2014 debut)
20. R U Mine? (extended outro)
*An uninterrupted version of Teddy Picker and Crying Lightning is included as a bonus track.
**An uninterrupted version of Knee Socks and My Propeller is included as a bonus track.